The HIMS / Water Heater control project has come along. I’ve started a forum thread to display the final results found here. I’ve included a few images below. I’ll be posting the code soon along with some other images of the logged data in the Mysql database.
I tweaked the Python code for the water heater control to incorporate the additional off sequence I added along with the new dropdown fields. The added code to handle Mysqldb errors seems to also be working. More testing and tweaks to the Python code to come . . .
My water heater control system utilizing Raspberry Pis has gone live. I’ve still got some testing to do and features to add but it appears functional. The CT I’m using also is showing the current when the water heater is on and it appears relatively accurate to what the unit is rated for. As I get things finalized, I’ll take some time to document and post the info here.