Finally got WordPress working. I ended up doing a sudo apt-get remove wordpress and manually cleaning things up. I then downloaded the latest version from their website and did a manual install placing all files into the /var/www folder. Once setup I ended up doing a sudo chmod -R 777 on a few directories to enable write access for the theme ultimatum. I then followed the guide I had previously posted to setup secure updates which appear to be working. So far I’ve just installed a new theme but that seemed to work without issue. My next step will be to get a basic layout going for what I’m going to call the Home Intelligence Management System.