1. Install CENTOS 7 with GNOME (From DVD)
2. Setup VNC server for remote access (CENTOS 7 VNC Server Guide)
3. Make sure all internal hard drives are mounting correctly (Used the GNOME Applications/Utilities/Disks)
4. Make sure all USB hard drives are mounting correctly, this make require NTFS support
* Install EPEL repository. Followed this link.
* Installed ntfs-3g ($yum –enablerepo epel install ntfs-3g)
* Make sure the fstab file is set correctly to allow for SELinux /dev/sdd1 /mnt/wd502 ntfs-3g nosuid,nodev,nofail,x gvfs-show,context=system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0 0 0
* Utilized the GNOME Applications/Utilities/Disks to setup mount options
5. Setup SAMBA server there’s a pretty good guide Samba Server Setup.
6. Setup Plex Server downloaded from Plex. Guide Plex Server Guide.
7. Setup rync to “mirror” local drives. Used this guide and this also. Make sure to run crontab -e in the instance of the user that is default in CENTOS.
8. Install LAMP, just google there’s tons of easy guides, nothing specific required.
9. Install WordPress, utilized this as guide.
10. Set WordPress permissions appropriately, had to do this to make it work. :
semanage fcontext -a -t httpd_sys_rw_content_t /path/to/php/dir
restorecon -R /path/to/php/dir
The permissions are key for writing in wordpress and I always have issues. Here’s another document that fixed them for me. LINK