The following is a guide to building a Raspberry Pi Sprinkler Timer.
- Get Raspbian Wheezy Installed and working.
- Run sudo apt-get update and upgrade.
- Setup whatever network connectivity you may plan on using, wired, wireless etc. This is not required but it’s nice for changing the settings.
- Build out the hardware: (I’ll provide more here later as this is a rough draft)
- Install your favorite remote desktop app, I use XNC. Make sure remote connectivity is working.
- sudo apt-get install python-imaging
- sudo apt-get install python-imaging-tk
- sudo apt-get install python-mysqldb